Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Delhi to Bangkok

After the fiasco in the morning I came back to the airport in the evening to catch the 00:30 flight of indian airlines. I came in too early obviously taking no risks and the counter was not open yet. This time my parents refused to leave till I got the boarding pass. So a long wait, for them across the glass barrier. The "uncleji"(no nice-girls) at the IA counter didn't understand why I was going through Bangkok when there were direct flights for Hong Kong. He consulted someone and used whatever brain he had or cared to spare to understand the complicated case and finally gave me the boarding pass. So parents were happy and even willing to wave off my plane. But rationality prevailed.

I chatted with a girl for NIIT software Development(not teaching) going to Bangkok for an onsite project. Man! she was flying international for the first time and knew what all to do. Even that one should avoid the last immigration counter as it is resereved for MPs or something. Though I got my stamp there only. Turned out that the company gives guiedlines for their smooth travel.

The flight was boring, had to be with a bunch of aged, rude and witchy looking air-hostesses. I mean it is alright if a pretty one is being rude but an old witch doing that is too much. Yeah so I reached Bangkok early morning and had to catch the connecting flight when I was told that IA has not checked in my luggage till hong kong but only till bangkok. I had very little time on me. But thanks to the efficient and rude lady on the counter I got my luggage checked in for HongKong without much delay. The Indian girl from Vancouver and punjabi old lady was also on the same flight and they were there too. I dont know how the old lady would have managed the transit if the girl had not been with her. The girl was visiting her relatives in Amritsar. So prolly the punjabi motherland was the link between them. Anyway we were again on the same flight and this time we got our boarding passes. But this terminal was like 5 miles away and we reached there just in the nick of time to board the flight. This was a Cathay Pacific flight, had inflight movie and all, unlike IA flight. The food was inedible ...oh no that was on Bangkok-Tokyo flight. Here it was alright I had something or the other.

Next - Three days in HongKong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home