Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Career and life

Now that I am on the verge of settling to some well earned degrees and am not thinking of any further additions, I have been doing a bit of thinking. Right from the time when I thought to do something.... everything was about "kuch ban-na hai". And now that I very well know about where I will land up in my professional life, I am begining to realise that only professional success is not everything. I would even say that it is nothing until and unless I land up at a place doing something which I really like. Right now I would do something I know I will be good at. But do I like it? I am not too sure. So all these years just for this, which obviously is not "just" for a lot of people. But for me it does not have the charm which many people will slog out for. Could I have done something else. Who knows and rather no one will ever know.

It is great that I had hell lot of fun on the way uptil here. Otherwise I dont know how much I would have appreciated this. I enjoyed the path. The destination is boring. The joy of journey is on the way. Something is amiss. And I dont know what.

7 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, February 08, 2006, Blogger ashish said...

So, you are finally back into the big bad world of corporate life.

Have my best wishes !!! Hope you find the ever elusive job satisfaction thingie, Amen !!

 
At 6:49 AM, February 08, 2006, Blogger himanshu agrawal said...

mujhe pata hai chamad what is amiss..
tumhari babe honi chahiye :)

 
At 7:14 AM, February 08, 2006, Blogger Pankaj Jain said...

there will be no satisfaction in life. Just a death of desire :). heman tere suggestion mein exactly wohi hoga ;).

 
At 7:56 AM, February 08, 2006, Blogger ashish said...

bahut bada sochne lage ho asun, I-banker jo ho gaye ho.. ;)

aur baki bachchon ke maze le rahe ho, bahut bura hai yeh :P

 
At 2:16 AM, February 10, 2006, Blogger Namit said...

maybe it doesn't matter to make real big bucks, maybe it's ok to make a modest start. when ppl say 'life is short', only a few mean it. the rest get back to work as usual.

what's amiss is a dream. maybe you wanna kill laloo, maybe you just want to be left alone with your basket ball team. maybe a small passionate hobby will help. hopefully you will clear your thoughts!

 
At 7:43 AM, February 10, 2006, Blogger Pankaj Jain said...

hope is a good thing. May be the best of things. I do hope..........

thanks for caring :)

 
At 6:35 AM, February 12, 2006, Blogger Pankaj Jain said...

@varun Only if I had so much courage. I would not have been so frustrated. and wud not have ran so far. BTech ho gaya. MBA ho gaya. ab kahan jayen ...kahan bhagen ...kahan chupen :|.

over that job sala paisa de raha hai bahut :). Jpr mein pubs ki chain dalenge 2 yrs mein hi. I will be back of that I am sure ....jaat bol ..... hai koi strategic plan tere pass. nahin to mein hi plan banaunga ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home