Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Placements or Recruitments

What difference does it make. But now days the "Placement Representatives"(PlaceReps) are being called RCs(Recruitment Co-ordinator). I see absolutely no sense in this change though. Whats in name. The process will be as gruelling as ever and as arbit as it can be. It all starts with making of resumes. Reams and reams of paper goes into getting the exact balance of leadership qualities, co-currics and the academics. M$ does not help the cause at all. People spend hours alligning, resizing tables and getting that exact shade of gray on the paper. Some one want to show his/her fin focus. The other will highlight his/her work-ex. And deciding on how many lines to devote to each section requires at least a few hours of thought. Though in the end nothing comes up and one goes by how much one can write without dragging. One sleeps with the satisfaction ahhh at last I have finalised it. Only to wake up in the morning and find at least 10 more mistakes/loopholes. Ok plugged these. Time to get it reviewed by the wingmate. He comes up with another 10.

The wingy :- This "Stood 1st in blah", "Stood 1st in blooh", "Stood 1st in dahh","Stood 1st in ahh" looks boring.
Aspirant :- Man I had had a unlucky life. I have only 7 stood firsts. How I will get a shortlist. (wingy rolling his eyes)

The wingy :- What's this you have played districts in cricket!!!! I never seen you play.
Aspirant :- Yeah actually I used to play in primary school intra city competition. Thats why I have not mentioned the year. Neat na !! I also changed my rank 999 to top 1% of the candidates.

The wingy :- What is this 10 in front of work-ex.
Aspirant :- hey where did the "months" go. I am sure I wrote it....M$ Word ki toh #%#@.

The wingy :- The whole text looks a bit off center.
Aspirant :- I am sure I center alligned it....M$ Word ki toh #%#@.

The wingy :- Why is this gap wider than that gap.
Aspirant :- I am sure I fitted it....M$ Word ki toh #%#@.

Let me take one more printout. The next printout...and the next and the next, (the printer runs out of paper), next printout, next, (printer runs out of cartridge) next, next....... finally the deadline arrives aspirant submits the resume to the Recruitment Cell.(Printer is thanking the Time God)

P.S. The first shortlist has arrived. People have analysed why such and such person have got a shortlist. And why such and such did not. All the best to all of them. Or may be not to all of them :P. So it all starts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home