Thursday, June 23, 2005

Overall about my being around trading desk

I am back from Tokyo and although I had my share of Id checks there by absolutely polite policemen I think japs respect Indians. As Indians here are not into taxi driving(NY/London), cleaning(S'Pore) and HK being still of colonial thinking. I think best among the financial centers. Other than that disadvantages being, few Indians to interact with but I didn't had the time and inclination anyway.

This being around the trading desk was a hell of an exposure to the I-Banking industry. It reveals the futility of those pre placements talks by company exectuives. It tells about the uselessness of second hand information from seniors. It tells that how freakishly competitive a mundane job can be made. It also tells how astronomical sum of money is earned by the first generation traders. And most of all the glamour around the trading job is absolutely rubbish. There are no golf on green courses and girls in ferraris only excel and graphs. They work dilligently for hours, analyze data till they stop getting rubbish results.

Now am I thinking of getting into this shit.

Man!!... they work too much. Ok I can work too much.
Work is uninteresting. hmmmm so is all work I have come across....Can try.
They earn like anything. Yeah!!!...Now you are talking.
You are all alone in the allien world. Oh oh ....Now I am not sure.
Family will need you. More "oh ohs..".
Will be difficult to come back. Too far down the line.

Can't make up my mind. Lets procrastinate. Time will come to decide then I will see. Till then I will enjoy the college life...phewww!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home