Saturday, May 17, 2008

Terrorism

Whats the aim? People die, but of course they cannot kill all the people they hate. They want attention. But among all bunch of groups claiming responsibilities who gets the ownership. I guess nobody knows by doing what can we get rid of this problem. The reasons are may be known but the problem is too big right now to even think of solving it.

Day after the jaipur blasts, I reached office unaware of anything. I was puzzled by a mail from my friend just asking if everything ok back home. It was good that another close friend mailed me who knew that all was ok. It didn't even cross my mind that a bomb blast or even some other natural calamity can happen there. It has been such a peaceful city for sometime now. I saw the images after and recognised the places. It hits you hard. Images more than all the words. So far I always thought its really bad for the people who suffer. Only this time I knew how it really felt. I was there just two weeks back riding the same roads. I did my shopping around that area. My cousin takes the same roads everyday for work.

Jaipur is one of the biggest tourist destinations in India. Its a fast growing city in the region. Its a metropolitan now. But to me terrorism never made any sense anyway. It may help them to get attention but now people are too used to it. Strictly talking the markets went up the day after london blasts. Jaipur blasts, people barely heard about. It has stopped registering. Thats the world we live in.

1 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, May 18, 2008, Blogger himanshu agrawal said...

kaafi sahi point likha hai last main.. that everybody is becoming kind of used to this.. but main pehle bhi bola tha.. it hurts the most when this is close to us.. fight hai bahut.. but kya kar sakte hain ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home