Saturday, January 13, 2007

Holidays on moongfali, gajak and test matches.

The perfect combination!!. I was watching the 3rd test at home and the setting was perfect to relax. It started at 2pm which was good for a late riser and went on till 9 in the night. So I just sat back munched moongfalis(roasted peanuts) and the Gajak and let holidays sweep over. It was too good to last. India lost pathetically and now I am back to slogging. But by winning the first test they at least won something on this tour.

I used to take the Rajasthan roadways bus to Jaipur from Delhi which ran every 10 minutes or so. This was very convenient(except the bidi smoking all around). Also north India is really cold now so I took the deluxe bus at least blocks out the cold. But there is a new nuisance in this also. The really busy mobile businessmen/professionals. They take these buses to make a day trip from Jaipur to Delhi. And man they try to do all their business on cell phones in the bus only. And they are generally loud speakers, understandable as one need to be passionate to run businesses. My luck was such that on three seats surrounding me there were people putting the bus journey to good use. One was definitely a hotshot CA in some hot shot firm. He was talking of PGs and PDCs from directors of companies whose net worth was in excess of 90million. Now working in India he should either be talking in lakhs or crores but whatever. He kept switching between millions and lakhs so I am not sure. Now my guess is PG is personal guarantee from a director for a new loan or something and PDC god knows what. India does follow some rules.

Another was loading and unloading "gaadis"(trucks). And I am sure none were following the schedule, all were stuck at some check naka or the other. He was loosing some real moolah. The pandu hawaldars on the nakas were the beneficiaries of this.

The last was our marketing manager from "AdyyDas"(Adidas). Some sucker in Calcutta was complaining about jackets sent by him to be loosing colors. Adidas supplies such junk I didn’t knew. Our marketing guru was saying that I am calling from adyydas and will resolve this within the hour. And I was thinking - how? by sitting in the bus !!! was going to ask "apne MBA kahan se kiya hai bhaisab."

I didn’t even notice the 5 hours it took to reach Jaipur in such interesting conversations. But I have decided to buy a handheld-cell jammer too. I am sure I can find one in this gadget friendly city of Tokyo. Will be good for these people, will help them to relax for a while. I also noticed one thing it’s an honour to look like a workaholic in India. Man he is something ... he is always on the phone, his boss can't do without him. The CA was saying to his friend that I work on weekends too. Now is that good or too good !!

1 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, January 13, 2007, Blogger himanshu agrawal said...

good to see you back :) seriously yaar jaipur-delhi deluxe bus journey rocks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home